cylindrical magnet 10x10 / N38 ↑ axial
catalog number 010004
5.53 kg / 54.23 N
magnetic induction ~
553.84 mT / 5,538 Gs
3.11 PLN gross price (including VAT) / pcs +
2.53 PLN net price + 23% VAT / pcs
bulk discounts:need more quantity?
Dimensions: This particular model has a diameter of 10 mm and a height of 10 mm.
Carrying Capacity: The MW 10x10 / N38 magnet has a carrying capacity of approximately 5.53 kg.
Magnetic Induction: The magnetic induction on the surface of this magnet is about 553.84 mT.
Coating: The magnet is coated with a nickel coating (NiCuNi), which gives it an aesthetic appearance and protects against corrosion.
Operating Temperature: The maximum operating temperature for this magnet is up to 80°C. At higher temperatures, the magnet may begin to lose its magnetic strength.
Weight: The magnet weighs 5.89 g.
Vickers Hardness: The Vickers hardness of this magnet is at least 550 Hv.
Density: The magnet has a density of at least 7.4 g/cm3.
It is also worth noting that neodymium magnets can break under strong impacts and may lose their strength at high temperatures. However, they are resistant to demagnetization and have a high magnetic induction on the surface.What is a neodymium magnet?
Specification MW 10x10 / N38 - neodymium magnet
Magnetic properties of the material N38
Physical properties of sintered neodymium magnets Nd2Fe14B
Advantages and disadvantages of neodymium magnets NdFeB.
Apart from immense strength, neodymium magnets have the following advantages:
- They do not lose strength over time. After 10 years, their power decreases by only ~1% (theoretically),
- They protect against demagnetization caused by external magnetic sources extremely well,
- Thanks to the shiny finish and nickel, gold, or silver coating, they have an aesthetic appearance,
- They possess very high magnetic induction on the surface of the magnet,
- By using an appropriate combination of materials, they can achieve significant thermal resistance, allowing them to operate at temperatures up to 230°C and above...
Disadvantages of neodymium magnets:
- They can break as they are extremely fragile when subjected to a powerful impact. If the magnets are exposed to impacts, we recommend using magnets in a protective case. The steel housing in the form of a holder protects the magnet from impacts and simultaneously increases its overall strength,
- They lose strength at high temperatures. Most neodymium magnets experience permanent loss of strength when heated above 80°C (depending on the shape and height). However, we also offer special magnets with high temperature resistance, up to 230°C,
- Magnets exposed to a humid environment can corrode. Therefore, when using them outdoors, we suggest using waterproof magnets made of rubber, plastic, or other moisture-resistant materials,
- The use of a cover - a magnetic holder is recommended due to the limited production capabilities of creating threads or complex shapes in the magnet
Exercise Caution with Neodymium Magnets
Under no circumstances should neodymium magnets be brought close to GPS and smartphones.
Magnetic fields can interfere with compasses and magnetometers used in aviation and maritime navigation, as well as internal compasses of smartphones and GPS devices. There are neodymium magnets in every smartphone, for example, in the microphone and speakers.
Neodymium magnets are not recommended for people with pacemakers.
In the case of neodymium magnets, there is a strong magnetic field. As a result, it interferes with the operation of a heart pacemaker. However, if the magnetic field does not affect the device, it can damage its components or deactivate the device when it is in a magnetic field.
Neodymium magnets are characterized by being fragile, which can cause them to become damaged.
In the event of a collision between two neodymium magnets, it can result in them getting chipped. Despite being made of metal as well as coated with a shiny nickel plating, they are not as hard as steel. In the case of a collision between two magnets, there can be a scattering of small sharp metal fragments in different directions. Protecting your eyes is essential.
Neodymium magnets can attract to each other, pinch the skin, and cause significant swellings.
Neodymium magnets will jump and clash together within a radius of several to almost 10 cm from each other. If you have a finger between or alternatively on the path of attracting magnets, there may be a serious cut or even a fracture.|Magnets will crack or crumble with careless connecting to each other. Remember not to move them to each other or have them firmly in hands at a distance less than 10 cm.|Magnets will attract each other within a distance of several to around 10 cm from each other. Remember not to insert fingers between magnets or in their path when attract. Magnets, depending on their size, are able even cut off a finger or alternatively there can be a severe pressure or a fracture.
Keep neodymium magnets away from TV, wallet, and computer HDD.
Strong fields generated by neodymium magnets can damage magnetic storage media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic ID cards, cassette tapes, video tapes, or other similar devices. In addition, they can damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors, and CRT displays. You should especially avoid placing neodymium magnets near electronic devices.
Neodymium magnets can demagnetize at high temperatures.
Although magnets have demonstrated their effectiveness up to 80°C or 175°F, the temperature can vary depending on the type, shape, and intended use of the specific magnet.
Dust and powder from neodymium magnets are highly flammable.
Do not attempt to drill into neodymium magnets. Mechanical processing is also not recommended. If the magnet is crushed into fine powder or dust, it becomes highly flammable.
Neodymium magnets are over 10 times more powerful than ferrite magnets (the ones in speakers), and their power can surprise you.
Make sure to review all the information we have provided. This will help you avoid harm to your body and damage to the magnets.
Avoid contact with neodymium magnets if you have a nickel allergy.
Studies clearly indicate a small percentage of people who suffer from metal allergies such as nickel. An allergic reaction often manifests as skin redness and rash. If you have a nickel allergy, try wearing gloves or avoid direct contact with nickel-plated neodymium magnets.
Keep neodymium magnets away from children.
Not all neodymium magnets are toys, so do not let children play with them. In the case of small magnets, they can be swallowed and cause choking. In such cases, the only solution is to undergo surgery to remove the magnets, and otherwise, it can even lead to death.